Every year, the arrival of good weather is the starting gun for Brits to go and seek sun, parties and beaches in one of our favourite European destinations: Barcelona. Whilst that quick trip isn’t quite possible the aperitif brand from Barcelona, El Bandarra, has launched a limited-edition “Barcelona in a Box” which includes all you need to pretend you’ve been to one of the sunniest cities in Spain.
El Bandarra’s Barcelona in a Box can be enjoyed with friends and family in back gardens and will ensure they get the full Spanish experience with it’s fun-filled contents which give an amusing and authentic nod to all things Barcelona. The limited-edition box includes the following items:
• fake tan to give you a touch of Spanish sun
• a handful of beach sand to sprinkle on your bags and shoes
• a fake police report for your ‘stolen wallet’
• a receipt for an overpriced paella
• Barcelona’s finest fridge magnet from Sagrada Familia
• a pair of earrings and fan that supposedly belong to a flamenco dancer
• the jewel in the crown, a 1L bottle of El Bandarra Al Fresco along with two cans of Fever-Tree tonic to make your own El Bandarra Al Fresco aperitif. A drink so good, you’ll be near fluent in Spanish.
El Bandarra Al Fresco is a natural and refreshing aperitif made from rosé Grenache wine and Mediterranean botanicals such as orange, cherry blossom and grapefruit to create a soft, bittersweet aperitif. The perfect serve is one part El Bandarra Al Fresco and two parts tonic, garnished with an orange wedge. At 14.5%, El Bandarra Al Fresco results in a lower alcoholic drink when topped up with tonic for that aperitif moment or “Al Fresco hour” that will transport you to Barcelona in just one sip.
The El Bandarra bottles are a homage to the nostalgic golden age of aperitifs, a time when the bars of Barcelona hand painted tapas on the menu on their windows with colourful lettering to attract passers-by. This is replicated on the El Bandarra glass bottles, which are adorned with tapas that pair perfectly with the El Bandarra range. Complete with a flip-top stopper, the El Bandarra Al Fresco bottle is re-usable and portable for picnics in the park or beach trips with friends and family.