Make the most of spring with this scrumptious seasonal recipe from TV cook & Celebrity MasterChef winner, Lisa Faulkner. The recipe was created specifically for a Currys PC World and Hotpoint event hosted by Lisa Faulkner. Find out more HERE.
Pineapple upside down cake spring recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/fan160C/gas 4.
2. Grease a deep 32 x 22cm baking dish with butter, and line with non-stick baking
3. Pour the golden syrup into the tin, tilting the dish to evenly spread out the syrup.
4. Arrange the pineapple rings over the golden syrup in three rows of four. Place a
glacé cherry in the middle of each pineapple ring.
5. Pour the butter, sugar, flur and baking powder into the food processor.
6. Lightly beat the eggs, milk and vanilla essence together in a separate bowl and
pour into the processor. Blitz for one minute until thoroughly blended.
7. Spoon the mixture into the tin and level out with a palette knife. Bake for 35-40
minutes until golden and until a skewer, inserted into the centre, comes out clean.
8. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 15 minutes. Turn out onto a serving
plate or chopping board, and cut into slices. Serve warm with custard.
INGREDIENTS (SERVES 8 – 12 PEOPLE)
275g unsalted butter, plus extra for
275g golden syrup
12 canned pineapple rings in natural
12 glacé cherries
275g caster sugar
275g self-raising flur
1 tsp baking powder
4 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
YOUR CHANCE TO WIN !
A signed Recipes book by Lisa Faulkner
Hotpoint Spring Recipes
A Hotpoint oven glove and kitchen towel
To be in with a chance of winning, simply use the app below and take part in all of the various ways to gain your entries! Open to UK readers only. Closes April 1st 2016.