As the colder weather slowly creeps in, we’re left with those few precious days of summer before thee’s a real chill in the air. If you are still planning to see out the end of summer in style then we have three fab suggestions below that will shake up any BBQ or party with a refreshing twist.
Smirnoff’s ‘Smashing’ new trick for your vodka, citrus and soda serve!
The team behind Smirnoff is sharing the one simple trick that’s set to change the way you drink your vodka and soda forever – the secret is all in ‘The Smash’.
Gone are the days of a dry and uninspiring slice of fruit in your serve, we’re bringing the garnish to the fore and letting it take some serious glory. With one simple move you can unleash a mouthwatering smash of delicious citrus flavour – a natural flavour boost that’s 57 calories per serve and absolutely packed with taste.
So easy, you’ll wonder why we haven’t been doing it all along…simply swap the fruit slice for a fresh smash of fruit! ‘The Smirnoff Soda Smash’ puts a zesty twist on the classic vodka & soda making the most of the naturally delicious citrus flavour, without the need for added sugars, artificial flavours or fuss – at 57 calories.
You don’t have to be an expert mixologist to create the perfect serve & get your garnish to give you more – simply use a Mexican elbow or even just your hand to roll the lime and press it, making sure all that gorgeous juiciness is unleashed into the icy cold depths of Smirnoff and soda, then serve over ice and enjoy!
With just three ingredients, this juicy new drink blends Smirnoff No.21 Vodka with the clean & crisp bubbles of soda water and the refreshing taste of fresh citrus fruits, uniquely smashed into a highball glass to give a lip smacking smash of flavour that makes all the difference to your Smirnoff vodka, soda serve.
Whether you enjoy a classic reinvented, with a punchy smash of lime. Or you like to experiment with a seasonal citrus twist of grapefruit or orange – the secret is all in the way you smash the fruit to unleash the flavour.
Recipe – Fill a glass with ice | Pour 25ML of Smirnoff No. 21 Vodka | Top up with soda water|Firmly smash half a lime/pink grapefruit/orange into the glass | Enjoy!
Jawbox Rhubarb & Ginger Cocktail
With the nights drawing in, a subtle smell of autumnal decay and glowing golden sunsets celebrate National Rhubarb Month in October with Jawbox Rhubarb and Ginger Gin Liqueur. Jawbox Small Batch Gin is infused with the classic combination of sweet and tangy rhubarb and balanced with warming ginger for a perfect balance of flavours creating the delicious Jawbox Rhubarb and Ginger Gin Liqueur.
Pour 50ml Jawbox Rhubarb and Ginger Gin Liqueur into an ice-filled glass. Top up with 100ml of premium ginger ale. Squeeze and drop in a wedge of lime. Jawbox Small Batch Gin is triple distilled very slowly near Belfast, in traditional copper pot stills using a unique combination of botanicals including local Belfast Black Mountain Heather and is a classic juniper-led gin.
Jawbox Rhubarb and Ginger Gin Liqueur RRP: £25 for 70cl ABV: 20% Available from: Amazon.co.uk, Ocado, masterofmalt.com, thewhiskyexchange.com, 31dover.com, distillersdirect.com and drinkfinder.co.uk
Baileys Strawberries & Cream end of summer treats!
Baileys Strawberries & Cream launched this summer for a limited time only and has already caused mass hysteria as the crowds went wild for it. Taking sweet treats to new heights of deliciousness, Nonna’s Gelato, the ice cream aficionados, have created the ultimate summer treat to see you through the heat wave – Baileys Strawberries & Cream Gelato. Ideal to make at home, it’s the ultimate #TreatUp recipe that’ll keep you cool all summer long – or until the Bailey’s runs out: the super limited edition Baileys Strawberries & Cream is here for a short time only so get your hands on it while you can!
Perfectly blending the fresh, sumptuous taste of strawberries with light and creamy vanilla, together with the luxurious taste of Baileys Original Irish Cream, this dreamy combination is a truly fruity, indulgent way to treat your sweet tooth this summer.
Sophia Brothers’ Strawberries & Cream Baileys Gelato: Ingredients
550g Whole Milk
150g Strawberries (pureed)
150g Baileys Strawberries & Cream
30g Skimmed Milk Powder
5g Cornflour / Cornstarch
1. Place the milk and cream in a saucepan over a medium heat. Whilst this is warming combine the sugar, skimmed milk powder and cornstarch together in a measuring jug and mix well.
2. Using a thermometer measure the temperature of the milk and cream and when it reaches 40 degrees add the sugar, skimmed milk powder and cornstarch mix. Whisk together and stir continuously with a silicone spatula until the batch reaches 85 degrees.
3. Fill the sink up with ice and cold water to create an ice bath. When the mix has reached 85 degrees plunge the saucepan into the ice bath immediately and stir occasionally. You need to bring the temperature of the mix down to 10 degrees within 30 minutes.
4. Whilst cooling slice the strawberries and blend in a food processor to make a puree.
5. When cooled place the mix in a sealed container. Add the Baileys Strawberries & Cream, strawberry puree and blitz with a hand blender. Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours but preferably overnight.
6. After ageing, you are now ready to churn your batch into gelato. Blitz with a hand blender and pour into your ice cream machine and churn until frozen.
7. Scoop your freshly churned gelato into a container and cover with wax paper and a tight fitting lid. Store in the freezer.