PlayStation has unveiled the world’s biggest handcrafted Christmas tree at Spitalfields Market to celebrate the launch of LittleBigPlanet™3 for PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3.
Standing at an impressive 20 feet tall and inspired by the handcrafted world of the game, the LittleBigPlanet Christmas Tree was months in the planning and took a team of six people over two weeks to build. All materials were sourced from local independent suppliers, with over 2 tonnes of steel and 100 metres of mixed fabrics, including cable knit, felt and hessian, making up the extraordinary design.
Budding designers and craft-lovers were given the opportunity to showcase their creative flair by helping to decorate the tree, with over 500 gaming fans and members of the local community turning out over the weekend to add to the festive masterpiece. A host of celebrity fans also joined in, with the likes of Stevi Ritchie, Chloe-Jasmine Whichello, Jay James and family, Konnie Huq and Jenni Falconer* helping to spread the Christmas spirit on the day.
The lights were switched on by eight-year-old Nellie Mead from Essex and people can see the tree in all its handcrafted glory at Old Spitalfields Market until Christmas.
Available for PlayStation PS4™ and PS3™ now, LittleBigPlanet 3 sees the return of Sackboy®, who is joined by new friends in his biggest handcrafted adventure yet.
Explore a world filled with endless creativity as you meet the inhabitants of the mysterious planet Bunkum and come face to face with the nefarious Newton. Discover new levels and games created by the LittleBigPlanet Community every day and bring your own imagination to life.
LittleBigPlanet™3 is out now, available on PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3
Some gossip from the X Factor stars…
· Stevi Ritchie and Chloe Jasmine arrived together straight from breakfast after Chloe supported Stevi at GAY the night before, the pair then headed to spend some quality time with Stevi’s daughter together
· Stevi revealed that he has nicknamed Jay James ‘half-a-day Jay’ because he’s always late for everything – and true to form Jay kept Stevi waiting for half an hour before he arrived
· Former roommates Jay and Stevi were really pleased to be reunited, despite having faced off in the sing off, but Jay was quick to point out that he hasn’t missed Stevi’s awful farting since leaving the X Factor house
· Stevi said he got the impression that Andrea was outraged to find himself in the sing off against Stevi last week
· Stevi and Jay are both rooting for Fleur East to win the show this year