Grand Designs Live, proudly sponsored by Anglian Home Improvements, will return to London’s ExCeL from 5 – 13 May 2018. This year, the Grand Kitchens & Bathrooms Hall will launch an exciting new design inspiration feature, The Lavatory Project.
Usually the smallest room in the house, the downstairs cloakroom or toilet is often an afterthought when planning home renovations. The Lavatory Project, a series of installations curated by a host of interior designers, is set to spark visitor’s creativity with expert tips on how create a huge impact in a small space. The project will see eight designers bringing to life their ideas using the theme: Design by You – a celebration of creating unique, individual spaces in your home. From bold colours to fabulous textures, these small lavatories aren’t afraid of making a statement.
• Samantha Theakstone of Samantha Jane Décor – Samantha will be returning to the show after being shortlisted for the room set competition held at Grand Design Live’s Birmingham show in October 2017. Using a blend of contrasting materials and textures including concrete, metallics and bright tiling, Samantha’s lavatory will create a striking and opulent room, off-set by tones of mustard and deep blue, softened with plants.
• Sharon Jane of Sharon Jane Designs – Trained as a wallpaper designer, Sharon’s use of interesting textures through weave-style wallpaper and paint colour block will create a bold and sumptuous room; which will contrast well with her introduction of innovative lighting solutions including exposed bulbs and fibre cable.
• Trish Coggans of Outshine Interiors – Embracing Hollywood glamour, Trish will pull out all the stops to create an Oscar worthy lavatory; gold and brass mixed with opulent patterned wallpaper will add a luxurious touch to her design.
• Lisa Roberts of The Open Plan – Lisa will play with loud, clashing prints
including spots and stripes, as well as graphic artwork, convex mirrors, and monochrome flooring, to create an arresting masterpiece of surrealism.
• Maria Gratsova of Bright Designs – Maria is currently studying Interior Design at the KLC School of Design. Her design will feature Scandinavian-inspired Mid-Century lines and patterns seen in an unexpected vibrant summery colour scheme. Maria’s small space will offer the ability to instantly lift spirits.
• Lyndsey Burrow of Grace & Grey Interiors – Lyndsey’s ultra-feminine design will feature soft pastel shades, unusual flamingo wallpaper along with monochrome titling and glamorous touches, to create a haven within the home, perfect for the lady of the house.
• Joanna Beavan of AUBE Interiors – Joanna’s lavatory is all about the garden, and bringing the outside in. Visitors will get the feeling of stepping into a (very luxurious) garden shed. Using plants, soft natural colours and maximising space, this downstairs loo will be a showcase of British products.
• Helen Crouch of Concept & Completion – to celebrate Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding, Helen will be creating a royal wedding themed lavatory – this design will be one not to be missed!
Often inspected by guests and an essential part of a family home, the downstairs toilet may not be the biggest room, but is one of the most used. The Lavatory Project will offer visual inspiration for visitors looking to make a statement. This May’s edition of Grand Designs Live is set to be one of the most exciting, engaging and informative to date. For more information visit www.granddesignslive.com